January 6, 2014

I don't usually think about things in other people's views. I've always known that I'm technically still spoiled compared to others, but I don't think I have ever truly let it sink in. When the government shutdown was happening, I was oblivious. I didn't really think that there were people who lost their paychecks during that time. Being oblivious to everything, I don't know exactly how long it lasted. However long it may have lasted, I know that I get frustrated badly enough when my paycheck is under $100, I can't imagine not even making a dollar. I absolutely cannot imagine having to tell my family that we'd have to worry about their well-being throughout the shutdown. they make enough money to put towards bills and all of their necessities. There's really no point in this other than me realizing things...I should truly be thankful for the fulfillment of my necessities in life.

This is what happens when the people in my class go on and talk about some of their issues in life....

Comments

Popular Posts