School functions my parents insisted on going to...

Emily :)

Spanish Honor Society had about thirty members, French Honor Society had about 7 or so, and Italian had five or less...
Language Honor Society...Out of the five of us I was the only one from French Honor Society :)

Us with our candles, we could not get anymore obvious with our cheat cards lol
This was sometime in April, I think haha...It was the People's Choice Award....

History Honor Society....If you look zoom in, you can see that I'm laughing(my history teacher, the one handing me my certificate, was making fun of my dad and how loud our camera is :) .)

This was People's Choice Awards, that's my French teacher, Mlle. Gadomski :)

Our faces popped up on that screen when they called us...can't find the picture of when my name was called...there were pictures of me up on stage with my teacher too but I can't find them now :(

This is still History Honor Society Induction...


Thanks to my parents for going to each and every one of my school functions, it may seem like I don't want you to be there, the truth is that I cherish the moments when you are :) I just have to put up a front of not caring haha jk. Seriously though, I appreciate the fact that my parents always make sure to show support for me in school. They may be a little more outspoken  with their opinion on my major now, but they have always been there for me when I got an award or whatever it was. I would also like to thank my two teachers, Ms. Gadomski and Mr. Struck...thank you for recognizing the hard work I put into when it comes to school. Mr. Struck gave me my first People's Choice Award my freshman year. :) He made me realize that a little bit of kindness truly goes a long way, Mr. Struck was a new teacher who filled in for our former teacher Mr. McKee half way through the year...From the start no one in my class took Mr. McKee seriously, a few of them even disrespected him so much that they would sleep in his class, talk while he was talking, text right in front of his face, and a lot more...Mr. McKee didn't mind because he told us in the beginning that he was going to treat us the same way he treats his college students, so their failing grades were their faults. Filling in for Mr. McKee was hard for Mr. Struck, specially since he didn't get the kind of respect he expected from High School Students. There were probably only four or so of us in that class who were nice enough to do everything he asked of us and respect him. Mr. Struck was very easy to talk to, and that's what we ended up doing, when we waited for the other people in my class to finish the task, we would talk about or days and such.  He picked me because I respected him and he said that I always came in his class with a smile. :) I didn't do these things expecting an award or a recognition, but I got it anyway...its a testament that being respectful and being optimistic never hurt anyone. Ms. Gadomski, on the other hand, may have chose me for the same reasons and the fact that I was part of French club might not have hurt, either, specially since I always asked her if there was something I could do, I really wanted to try to participate in French club that year. :) I would also like to keep participating as much this year. Wow I get off track easily. Back to the other school functions, I didn't go to my Science Honor Society because I went to New York that day and there are no pictures from English Honor Society...there are videos though(that won't upload, we wrote our names in a book with a quill :] )...I don't remember what happened to the National Honor Society pictures...they probably got deleted...it was last year...
Obviously I really couldn't let go to this blog, haha so I guess I was wrong when I said it was final...I think this will be more of my personal blog, where I write about my feelings and such while charizn.blogspot.com will be  more of just my pictures...I think I'm going to continue to put pictures on this blog too though.

Comments

Popular Posts