A work in progress

still editing the rest of the pictures from this day/night, but I'll just put a funny story about that day...
                                   I was at the Grenloch Lake as usual, and I saw that it was such a pretty full moon and I couldn't resist trying to take a picture even though my attempts have always been futile; my former moon pictures have just looked like big white circles in the sky. The picture above [unedited! :)] is the first one I took. Yes, it is just a big white circle too, but it's prettier than my other big white circles. Anyway, when I saw this first picture I got giddy, like high school girl giddy, so I just kept taking pictures of it...[you'll see a lot of moon pictures on here soon, sorry, not sorry].
Across the Dog Park, that's where the full moon was, and across the lake was a great big house. I think of it as a house that one would see in Texas, but then again, I haven't been to Texas...
After about 10 or so pictures of the moon, I see a car coming towards the park, but then he turns so I didn't think too much of it [I was too distracted by the moon anyway haha]. A couple seconds later, the same car is in reverse and is definitely coming towards me. The guy rolls his window down and asks me, "Would you like to tell me why you're taking pictures of my property?" I guess since I was using the longer lens and I face facing his property, it looked like I was trying to stalk him or his family or something like that. I don't know...honestly though, if I was hired to stalk his family, that says something about the people who hired me, they're either desperate, or just plain stupid. I'm super paranoid and when I do something that I know is wrong, everyone can tell...Anyway, back to the story, I was still so excited about the moon that I didn't miss a beat and just showed him all of my moon pictures on my camera. The poor guy didn't know what else to say after that because it was so obvious that I was not taking pictures of his property that he just said something about how when the sun sets you could see the prettiest colors around the back of his property or something, I wasn't really paying attention anymore. His wife or whatever just smiled, it looked like she was trying to hold in a laugh. Usually I do like to take pictures of interesting buildings when I see them, but I just didn't have the urge to take a picture of his house. It's crazy to think what would have happened if I did take one picture of his house, I think he would honestly just make me delete it and I would, but I think I would still get scared. I guess the lesson I learned is to be wary of my surroundings and what I'm taking pictures of and what it looks like I'm taking pictures of...

Comments

Popular Posts