LOVE WHAT'S THE REAL DEAL?

according to dictionary.com, it means,
.a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

2.a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3.sexual passion or desire.
4.a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5.(used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6.a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7.sexual intercourse; copulation.
8.(initial capital letter) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9.affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
10.strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
11.the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
12.the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
13.Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
14.a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L. –verb (used with object)
15.to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
16.to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
17.to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
18.to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
19.to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
20.to have sexual intercourse with. –verb (used without object)
21.to have love or affection for another person; be in love. —Verb phrase
22.love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets. —Idioms
23.for love,
a.out of affection or liking; for pleasure.
b.without compensation; gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.
24.for the love of, in consideration of; for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
25.in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
26.in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.); enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.
27.make love,

but do they really explain what love is?
do they tell you exactly how great it feels to be loved or how depressing it can be when you are heartbroken? I always thought that I new what love was and thought that petty crushes were a form of love
now that I think about it, no poet or writer has ever described love the perfect way and i don't think I would ever be able to achieve such honor. Of course, this is only my opinion and I know that I haven't read that much books, but so far I have not read one that tells what love truly is. Love is not all about just good feelings there are times in our life where love will bring you harm but if it's true love I believe that it will be worth it in the end. I may not make sense right now because even I don't know what I'm writing about anymore seeing that I'm just typing away. I don't even really care about punctuations or mispelled words right now, all I want to do is get all my thoughts down, and like I said I truly don't care how bad my writing is. What's amazing is that for no apparent reason ever since I was a little girl I always wanted love or I always felt that love was always in the air, no matter where you are. The only thing I do know right now is that love is a serious thing and we should not just take it lightly because someone might be taking it very seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts